Attorney, Burnham Brown
- Trial counsel.
- Represented professionals from architects to dentists in malpractice cases.
- Significant experience in multi-unit residential and commercial construction defect claims, delay claims, professional design and personal injury cases.
- Current practice is focused on patent litigation and patent procurement before the USPTO and through the PCT and the EPO.
- Chair or Co-Chair, Intellectual Property Section, 2004 to Present – Marin County Bar Association
- Member, Intellectual Property Section, State Bar of California
Presentations and Papers
- Elimination (or at least reduction) of Bias in the Legal Profession
MCLE Video 2015
- Responding to a Demand or Request to Purchase a Patent License
MCLE Video 2011
- Ethical Considerations for Patent Attorneys
MCLE Video 2011 (Ethics 2.0 Hours)
- How to draw Patent Drawings Correctly
MCLE Video 2011
- Interview by Rocket Lawyer Regarding Patent Litigation, September 2010
- Patent Fundamentals for Non-Patent Attorneys, MCLE Video 2010
- Patent License Agreements: The Dangerous Road to Starting a Patent License Negotiation
MCLE Video 2010
- Meet Your Directors: Spotlight on Steve Nielsen, The Marin Lawyer, November 2009
- Seven Patent Concepts Every Lawyer Should Know, The Marin Lawyer, May 2009
- Patent Basics for Non-Patent Attorneys presented on October 11, 2005 to the Marin County Bar Association – Intellectual Property Section Annual Seminar. Click here for the Power Point version.
- Patents/Design Patents 101 presented on November 9, 2005, to California Lawyers for the Arts. Click here for the Power Point version.